Saturday, October 27, 2012

Purpose

I know that I've been a blogger this past year+ but I couldn't say I've been a good blogger, or a great blogger, just a blogger, of some sort which I can't describe, who posts infrequently, and all over the place.

That ends today.

I've been reading Gussy's (if you haven't heard of her, here she is) Handmade Business in 31 Days, and her very first post this month (Day 1) gave me, a loyal reader, a challenge: to write a purpose statement for my business / blog. And you know, I did just that, and I want to share an extended version of it, because I want my readers, wanderers who find my blog, and myself, to know my purpose.

Here goes:

With this here blog, I want to inspire others during any season of their lives by sharing what inspires me and what I love in my own life. I want to lend a helping hand to others just like me who have a dream of owning their own little (or big) handmade business, if there is in fact any way I can help. And I want to keep others up to date on my own little handmade business.

With my teeny tiny itty bitty Etsy shop, I want to make/sell handcrocheted products that others will cherish for a long time. There's nothing I love more than crocheted goods, whether it's a hat, an afghan to snuggle under, or something for a little bundle on the way. I want my customers to enjoy working with me because we share this love for crocheted pretties, and I want to, hopefully, one day, help to support my little family doing what I love.

So there we have it.



So what's your purpose? Do you have a dream like mine? Or any others? I'd love to hear them.

1 comment: